Welcome to Windrock

Welcome to Windrock

Friday, January 15, 2010

Running around.

End of the week and my mind is running around from one random thought to another and one of the thoughts is literally about running. It's been Toooo Cold and it's been Toooo crazy around here and so since January 1, I have ran almost NO MILES. No real surprise, it happens every year it seems. December and the holidays and cold, short, dark days hit and I almost become a "used to be" runner. The weather and the dark are known enemies of my desire and enthusiasm, and so I find myself running less and spending more "down-time":defined as time on the couch, time pigging out on chocolate and other holiday goodies and time spent whining about the awful weather!
So now the snow is almost gone and the temperature is nearly normal and tomorrow I'm up and out early to go running over rocky hills and through the creek and muddy paths. And thus I will return to normal(as normal as a runner can be considered). Some people need a winter cruise, some a session at the tanning salon, and others a good stiff drink to get through winter. I KNOW what I need! I just need to DO IT. Lace up the shoes, layer on the clothes and step out. And that's exactly what I'll be doing Saturday morning.
Busiek, 7:30 am, east parking lot, I'll be the couch potato wearing running shoes , hope to see you there!
Peace my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment