Welcome to Windrock

Welcome to Windrock

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

WWJD part 2

Because my last post was title "WWJD part 1, this must be part 2.
The initials mean What Would Jesus Do. And it seems everyday I find myself wondering just that. The problem is I only think it and usually do not do anything about it. How about you?
I pass a homeless person on the overpass with a sign and I give him no money.
I am not paying attention to my driving and instead of letting someone out in front of me in traffic I just pull on up and wait impatiently for the light to turn and try not to make eye contact with the person in the car right next to my front door.
I don't speak to or acknowledge the clerk as I buy a pop at Kum & Go.
I learn that some friend lost his job, and my first thought is about my own security.
I go to church and am either lost in my own thoughts, or wonder if other people are really getting this message, because it's a kind of deep.
Next morning during my "quiet time" I review all these acts and realize that I did not apply WWJD to much of my life, except thinking about it.
So instead of WWJD, I spend most of my time DWDD, Doing What Dan Does. This is not where I want to do, but like Paul the Apostle, I do what I don't want to do, instead of what I know I should do.
How about you?
Peace to you my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment