Welcome to Windrock

Welcome to Windrock

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Old and New Year

The classic Old Man Time of the past year welcoming, warning or ignoring the New Baby of the coming year comics will all be published in a few days. The old year in reflection, was what it was, good, bad ,with some really beautiful parts and others so ugly, that nobody can really say that any good came from them. Things I am thankful for, will bring curses from others, rain to name one. To date our area is showing the 3rd wettest year on record. For us, on top of this rocky hill, not really a problem, except that weeds like water as much as my gardens do. For those living along the many rivers and lakes in the area, the cry was "Please make it stop!". This is the first time that I can remember all the Army Corp dams on the White River having to let water out of their impoundments. And yes, there was ice, and tornados and lots of awful things happened.
I lost money in my retirement account, but so far I'm still employed.
There were deaths in the family, a brother-in-law/mentor who taught me that life is always about doing what you like, died way to young and my wife's step-father of 22 years, who worked hard, lived determined and in his mid-80's still had a sharp mind even though his body was dull and unresponsive. I am thankful for them in my life. Others came and went in this year, and so if anything was consistent for 2008, it was change.
I look forward to 2009 as a time of adventure. The main thing I want to remember is 2008 is where I came from, and 2009 is where I'm going. 2009 also will be what it will be, and I will be shaped by the events it holds, but somethings are constant, wind, rock and dirt, the love of family and of the Creator, and these will bend me, hold me and in the end sustain me for the next year! Happy New Year! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment