Welcome to Windrock

Welcome to Windrock

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Running through wind, over rock and dirt@ One Run For Boston 2

 One Run for Boston 2 started on March 16 in California.
 On March 30, I, my oldest son, Jason and my oldest grandson, Logan, ran a leg 158 at 2:30 am from Warwick OK, to Chandler OK. My most excellent friend from Kansas, Steve Thompson, drove a couple of hours to come and drive our support car as we ran on Route 66 under a clear cold sky. It was 10 miles of epic.
  Two days later, Jason and I were at it again. This time it was sunrise, rush hour, leg 184, as we ran from Republic MO to Springfield, with Melissa, James and Whitney. Fighting a mostly north headwind, we arrived ahead of schedule at the Discovery Center, where I work. We were greeted by the next group, friends, family, Danny and Kate (the organizers) and the media. It was 11 miles of awesome.
  The night before, being in a euphoric state of mind after Oklahoma, I decided that I would sign up for one more leg, number 188. So about 6 hours after we finished 184, I was back running. This leg was the same one I ran last year, 9.5 miles from Sampson, through my hometown, Conway, ending at Phillipsburg and the Worlds Largest Candy Store. I made it. R
unning with Greg and Scott and accompanied by the Conway Volunteer Fire Department it was excellent.
 Some of my younger co-workers were amazed that today I was still using the stairs and not the elevator.
 The One Run for Boston intends to raise $1 million for the One Fund and to arrive in Boston on April 13 at 5:45pm. You can still be part of this visionary quest. Even though I raised $500 for my Missouri stage, I have not raised any for my Oklahoma stage, so consider giving to Logan, Jason or me. Here's the link.http://www.onerunforboston.org/
Thanks for your consideration,
Peace my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment